Monday, January 13, 2014

New Hampshire

After we made it to Jacksonville, Florida we unhooked the camper and left it at a storage facility located at the Pecan Park RV Park where we spent a couple nights. We then backtracked 1,000 miles  to Cape Cod, MA where we spent Thanksgiving with Katherine's family.
 
After Thanksgiving we took the kids to Loon Mountain in Lincoln, New Hampshire. We had a great time hanging out and spending some quality time as a family. When not skiing we spent a lot of time hanging out at the pool and the outdoor hot tub which was situated right next to the slope where we could watch the skiers come down the mountain.
 
Tristan and Sidney celebrated their tenth birthday while we were in NH which made our trip that much more fun. For their birthday we took them to see the much anticipated Disney movie Frozen which the kids loved. I now can look forward to countless hours of my girls singing about letting go and building a snowman while driving the truck down the road!...on repeat, over and over again!
 
I will say that I love the scenery in northern New England, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine are a few of the most beautiful states in the country, and who wouldn't love New Hampshire's state motto, "Live free or Die". That alone makes me want to pack up and move to the home of the White Mountains.
 
This was my office for the week that we were in Lincoln. A full view of the mountain, best corner office ever!
Katherine and the kids making gingerbread houses at the condo.

This was our practice area before heading off to the actual slopes. I was able to pick up the skis at 2:00 the day before we went skiing so I took them out in the afternoon for some practice runs on the side of the mountain.

Which meant that I had to serve the role as the ski lift for the afternoon.


Just about ready to hit the slopes!

Almost Ready!


Alright, it's go time. Get the popcorn ready because it's show time.
I'm just making sure this guy knows what he was doing...I give him a B+, he lost points for being a boarder!


Bunny slope, here we come!

And we are still coming. Not sure why the access to the bunny slope is uphill.


Helaina with Sidney in the background.

First run done and ready for more.

Tristan finishing his first run in style.

Time for the big boy slopes. Tristan on his first chairlift.

Me being the instructor for the day. We only bought the novice pass so I was limited to green runs all day. Boy would I have loved to head to the top of the mountain and just kill it for one run just for old times sake, or as my wife puts it "end up in the hospital for a month doing something stupid"!
God Bless,
Seth and Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment