Thursday, September 12, 2013

Montana on my Mind

Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay in updating the blog. We were stalled in Montana for awhile and kept busy with work, family and a number of different excursions to various locations around my hometown, Billings.

For all of those who know me they know that Montana is and will also be a very special place for me. I certainly have some biases since it is my home state, but there are just so many reasons to love Montana, the scenery, the wonderful people, the outdoor activities including skiing and fishing, wide open spaces that you can just loose yourself in and last but not least Griz Football!

Of all the reasons to like Montana I have to say the number one item that stands above all is NO SALES TAX! What an amazing concept. I grew up in Montana so I never even heard of such a thing as sales tax. Once I moved along to Massachusetts and then to Missouri every time I purchased something from a #1 meal at McDonalds to a large item such as a car I couldn't help but be erked by the additional cost of a the sales tax. In Montana you could be down to your very last dollar and still afford a double decker taco from Taco Bell for 99 cents and have change left over to toss into a wishing well!

We had a lot of stories and adventures in Montana which we will be getting updated in the next couple of days so stay tuned.

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”
 
God Bless,
Seth and Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment