Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Beartooth Mountains

Hi All,

Our first adventure in Montana took us on a trip down memory lane (for me at least). We took the family to Beartooth Mountain Christian Ranch (BMCR) located 75 miles southwest of Billings, MT. I spent just about every summer of my youth, from fourth grade through high school, attending the week long camp along with many of my closest friends that I still keep in touch with to this day. As I entered into my high school and college years I would often take a week off from my summer job to serve as a camp counselor.

The drive to BMCR itself is a great trip. Located at the base of the Beartooth Mountains the two lane highways to BMCR zigzags through a couple of Montana's bustling small towns. First starting with Columbus located right off of I-90 and then Absarokee and finally Fishtail. Each of these towns are nestled in the numerous scenic valleys of the Beartooth Mountains. Along the way you will cross over or follow the Yellowstone River, Montana's largest river as well the Stillwater which is a popular fishing destination for the tourist and locals alike who pursue the amazing fishing that Montana has to offer.

I need to complement the camp organizers and staff for providing a great hassle free all inclusive vacation for all of the families attending camp.

The camp is located on a few hundred acres of land in a beautiful scenic valley of the Beartooth Mountains. They offer all sorts of organized activities for adults and children such as horseback riding, a zip line, skeet shooting, a climbing wall, archery, hiking trails and a fishing pond. The staff are all available to assist and coordinate all of the activities so it was easy for Katherine and I to send the kids off to an activity and enjoy the fellowship with other campers.

I certainly would recommend BMCR family camp for anyone looking for a great Montana getaway. The camp is only 3 and a half days so it would allow plenty of time for other vacation activities across Montana.

Here are a few of the pictures from our camp.

Helaina taking the plunge over the wall. Having been there, I can tell you that's not an easy first step.
Helaina after making it to the Top!
Sidney cautiously making her way up the wall!
That was has high as I was able to pull Izabelle!





Tristan Preferred to stay below the 10ft boulder line.

During all of his spare time Tristan hunted for local reptiles.


Grandpa Wald getting in on the action.


Success!

Helaina showing mom how to shoot a bow and arrow.




I can't see that guys face in the red, but he looks like a real pro!
Captivated my audience for one of my amazing campfire stories. Really, they are quite amazing.




Random kids really excited about fresh horse poo. How could they not be?



This picture is funny. They are having an argument. If a picture speaks a thousand words I would caution that they aren't always the correct words.

Breaking in my "2 sizes too small" camp shirt. I'll be saving this shirt for "club night" on the Vegas strip.
Mission Accomplished!


 
 
Family: We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
 
 God Bless,
Seth and Katherine










No comments:

Post a Comment