Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Intro: About ME


You are never too old to dream a new dream. -C.S. Lewis

Welcome to Wald’s World On Wheels! 

I tried to squeeze all this info in the "about me" section on my profile page, but was limited to 1200 characters! That just wont work! So here it is, my first blog entry and it is a quick summary about me and how I got to be at this point in my life!
I was raised and educated in the beautiful state of Montana where I lived in Billings throughout my formative years and moved to Missoula in 1994 to attend and graduate from the University of Montana. My wife Katherine was born in Poughkeepsie, NY and lived up and down the east coast finally settling down in a quaint little region known as Cape Cod in the southeast corner of Massachusetts where she spent her youth.  In 1995 Katherine moved to Missoula to attend college which is where we met. In 1998 when I graduated from the University of Montana she convinced me to move to MA to pursue my career in the financial services industry. Shortly after arriving in MA I found a great little gig working at HiLine Cruises loading food onto to the ferries that shuttle tourists from Cape Cod to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Katherine was working as a manager at a popular local fish and lobster restaurant serving seafood to locals and tourists alike.

After 3 short months I found my career at State Street Bank, a large financial institutional bank head quartered in Boston, MA. One year later Katherine and I were married on Cape Cod and spent the next seven years living and working in MA.

In 2003 we were blessed with our first set of twins - one boy and one girl, Tristan our only son and Sidney our oldest daughter. Two and a half years later we were blessed again with a second set of twins - two girls, Helaina and Izabelle.

In January 2007, our family relocated to Kansas City, MO  where we have spent the last 6 1/2 years.

When we moved to Kansas City we had it in our minds that this would be a short term assignment and we would eventually make our way back to Montana where we always dreamed of raising our 4 children. However, God had other plans for us. We bought a house in a nice little subdivision north of Kansas City were we quickly learned about Midwest hospitality and what it meant to be part of a community. The neighbors we had were amazing and quickly became an extension of our family. With four kids ages 8 months and 3 years old we couldn’t have managed those early years without the hospitality, generosity and the watchful eye of our neighbors.
Although life in Kansas City was good and we were quite happy and comfortable, we started to dream a new dream! A dream that included spending more time together as a family.  After 6 1/2 years in Kansas City, we finally made the decision to pursue our next adventure.  After two years of planning and discussing our strategy Katherine and I are heading out on the adventure of a lifetime. We sold our house and all of our belongings except for a handful of sentimental items. Everything else we owned had to either fit in our new fifth wheel camper or it was to be sold or donated. We will be living in our RV full time with our family as we travel around America the Beautiful from sea to shining sea! Stopping to visit everything along the way from historic sites, national parks, museum, and beaches, etc. as well as our many family and friends who live along the way! So get ready for the Wald Family because here we come!!

 God Bless,


2 comments:

  1. But first ya need to fix da RV. Then we'll see ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cryders are looking forward to following along on your adventure. Please let us know if your travels take you through SW Idaho!

    ReplyDelete